What girl doesn’t love shopping for shoes? Wedding shoes are no different! There are many styles of wedding shoes out there, so let’s make sure you pick the right ones.
If you are like most women, on more than one occasion, you have worn a pair of cute strappy heels that perfectly complement your dress. Hours later, with your feet aching like they never have before, you’re left wondering if those shoes were really worth the pain.
This is not the position that you want to find yourself in at your wedding. Your wedding should be all about comfort. The best part is that you do not have to forfeit style for comfort. Follow these tips to find shoes that are both stylish and comfortable.
1. Never worn heels before? Your wedding day is NOT the day to start! Your feet will be in a state of shock and pain will be inevitable. Try a shoe with a low heel or wear a satin ballerina slipper instead.
2. Buy your shoes early, preferably at the same time or soon after you purchase your wedding dress. You need to know how well they coordinate with your dress. You will also need to take them with you to your tailor so your dress can be hemmed accordingly.
3. If you do buy heels, break them in. Don’t wait until your wedding day to wear them for an extended period of time. Breaking them in beforehand will ensure comfort on your wedding day.
4. Keep your groom in mind. Try not to buy shoes that will leave you towering over him at the altar. It may make him feel uncomfortable, and it can look awkward in photos.
5. Consider purchasing two pairs of shoes. Many brides opt to wear a more comfortable pair of shoes after the ceremony. Many bridesmaids often bring comfortable shoes to change into anyway, so why not go along with it?
Whatever pair of wedding shoes you choose, make sure you keep comfort in mind. You don’t want to look back on your wedding day and remember how bad your feet hurt. Happy feet will make for a happy bride!